Melissa Doyle not only replaced in Sunrise family, but in real family too

After being dumped from Channel 7’s morning program Sunrise, Mel Doyle has now been dumped by her children in favour of a younger, hotter Mum

Years of smiling have given Melissa Doyle wrinkles and prompted her removal from polite society

“It’s not a decision that is about discrimination by age, or by looks, it’s simply an operational shift in the way we do things around the Doyle household. Testing has shown that our new mum Cynthia has proven very popular in the demographic of 5- to 10-year-olds. The numbers simply don’t lie. The decision is nothing personal against Mel. We still consider her to be very much a part of our family, she just won’t be our Mum any more,” Doyle’s own daughter Alexandra commented in her formal press release.

Doyle was reported as saying that she resigned willingly, saying “I am so glad for my time in the Doyle family, but it’s time I moved onto other things.” However, insiders say her children and other family members had been planning the axing for quite some time.

“Of course Mel will still be part of the Doyle family, just in a different role. We obviously won’t be having the same presence of her around, but telephone or video communication providing information and entertainment about the Doyle family in a wider sense, we’ll still be using her talents.” Doyle son, 3-year-old Matthew has said.

Melissa’s now ex-husband Greg commented that “obviously it’s all about the kids, so it was their executive decision. But personally, I am super excited that Cynthia, a previous winner of the Miss Chile competition who scored 74 on the IQ test, is the person I now get to have sex with.”

According to the Doyle family press release, Doyle is “very comfortable and at ease” in her new residence, a shared YHA Hostel room with two Ukrainian bodybuilders.