Hero Student Cracks Joke In Lecture

Michael Richardson is a self-proclaimed campus legend.

hero student

hero student

USyd student Robert Amos turned the tides of a dreary 9am lecture by throwing out a classic one-liner in the middle of his lecturer’s speech. Amos’ quick wit and comic timing reportedly amazed the approximately 200 students in attendance, and many commented that it completely reversed their opinion of the lecture.

After 15 minutes’ droning on by old fuddy-duddy Professor Hersch, whom some students believe to be “so old he’s never had sex,” the class was just about ready to pack it in. But they didn’t count on Robert ‘Robbie’ Amos’ intervention with a dynamite zinger – a zinger so snaptacular some believe it will go down in campus history.

As Dr. Hersch placed his notes upside down on the overhead projector for the third time in a row, Robbo yelled: “What heresy is this?!” The class, shocked that someone would break the silence, proceeded to burst into uproarious laughter. Many echoed the Robster’s sentiment in glorious disbelief, scarcely believing they had heard it in the first place, while the man of the hour himself immediately caught the attention of dozens of attractive women.

Said one girl, “Normally when someone calls out in class to be funny, it’s just annoying. It’s like, we’re in a lecture, you don’t need to be the centre of attention all the time. But now I just can’t help but wonder if he’s single!”

R-God himself played it cool, of course. “I don’t know how it happened. I saw him mess up the slide and then I remembered a joke I’d seen on Reddit, and I guess things just fell into place. Some of us just can’t switch off.” He tossed his head boyishly, favouring us with a rakehell grin. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!”

Even cranky old Dr. Hersch couldn’t help but crack a smile. “In all my years of being interrupted by jokesters,” he said, “never have I been so alive.”

“Clearly Robert has an intimate relationship with my work, and is acting out because he’s just smarter than all these deadbeats. If only I could be interrupted like this all the time.”

Resus’ sick dunk on Dr. Hersch has inspired a wave of copycat clowns across campus, reportedly driving everyone up the fucking wall.