USYD Band of the Week: Milkk

These Chicks Don’t Even Know the Name of My Band: MILKK

210649_250811548373766_64402317_o

Who are you? 

Milkk is Luke Bozzetto who plays electric guitar and is a freelance teacher, Paul Jaffe who plays electric guitar and is a barista, and me Cameron Whipp. I play drums and study Education at USYD.

How was the band formed?

Like Lars and James from Metallica, we met through a musicians’ classifieds. We shared similar tastes in music and there was a basic understanding that we would not attempt murder on each other.

What’s your approach to live shows?

We play songs! Depending on the positions of the astral bodies our set will vary, but repetition will form a constant.

What inspires you artistically?

Rich experiences with nature, familiarity with others and good art. A good rock autobiography will always inspire a new riff will spill out.

How did wining the USYD Band Comp last year help you?

We travelled to Adelaide for the national final and met some nice winery owners which is great because my old man only drinks wines from the McLaren Vale, so I stocked up on plenty of presents.

We met a guy in Sydney who tells us he is ‘involved’ in the industry and might be able to ‘get us some spots’ but I’m fairly certain he is a beer rep who doesn’t drink. He actually got us a gig somewhere in town recently where someone got naked. Can you put a price on those sorts of opportunities?

If you could score an imaginary film, what would the film be about?

Probably a film about a man who realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There’s no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we’re the imagination of ourselves. We’d presumably do a song with John Farnham for the soundtrack.

milkk.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/milkk