The Jewry’s out: a review of Jew Revue

In times past, I’ve tried not to laugh at our Hebrew friends. Because that would be anti-Semitic.

But last Thursday, I just couldn’t help myself. The 2013 Jew Revue set the bar somewhere around the altitude of Mt. Sinai for the Semester 2 heavyweights.

It took only two hours for a cast of 17 to broach the hot topics of our time – including but not limited to the sordid truth behind the King James Bible, the impact on time machines on the brothel industry, Zeus/Jupiter being exposed as a two-timing ‘shrine wrecker’, Yahweh’s prayer/answer ration limited by his MacBook and Gandhi’s mediation of a pillow fight. Which would in themselves comprise a fine revue in themselves, but was given a touch of genius in an inter-Jew rap battle climaxing with ‘my dick is Solomon, it’ll cut you in two’.

The highlight – at least for this hard-to-please reviewer – was the unexpected punchlines. There were at least a dozen pieces where I was caught thinking ‘yeah, lights down, that’s quality right there’ when I was blindsided with a hysterical twist – just when I was gearing up to heckle the stage crew – who were also polished to a point of shaming many other prestigious revues.

The only letdown was the lack of softcore discipline in the nude skit. While understandable – an accidental dick under lights is de rigeur for most revues – the real tragedy was that the offender wasn’t even circumcised. This, sadly, killed the authenticity. You would think if ever there was a sanctuary from gentile-alia, tonight was the night. Nope.

Even for those who didn’t get every Jewish reference, it was a genuinely engoyable night.

Recommend.

img.php