Parliamentarians to undergo compulsory ethics training in Canary Islands

In an effort to stamp out widespread abuse of taxpayer funds, the Parliamentary Standards Committee is requiring all MPs and Senators to attend a conference on the ethical declaration of personal expenses.

The conference will be held in Canberra in November, with all attendees flying via the Canary Islands and staying there for over a week in order to attend the christening of a baby they all know.

This hands-on method of tackling political issues is also being employed at a state level, with the NSW branch of the Labor Party organising an anti-corruption seminar that will be compulsory for all members to attend.

Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi will be running the seminar.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Tony Abbott has announced a new immersion scheme to assist in the creation of asylum seeker policy.

“All the Government frontbenchers are going to go on one of those P&O luxury cruises around Australia for a few weeks,” Mr Abbott said.

“It’s kind of a walk in the asylum seekers’ shoes exercise. It’ll help us develop an idea of what these people are really up against, and allow us to create even more policy informed by empathy and heartfelt consideration.”

The Soin

The Soin

THE SOIN has been trading in smut, smears and substandard reporting since 2013. Read everything we publish aloud in a British accent.