Wealthy Nigerian prince seeks volunteers to process funding for charity; is rebuffed

nigerian princePrince Adeyemi Oniru, second-in-line for the role of King of Nigeria, has encountered several obstacles in his plan for helping Australian children have a better education, reports international correspondent Spence Aldrings.

Oniru, who has long been famous for his philanthropic work both within his country of birth and internationally, has been repeatedly rebuffed by thousands of Australians in the past fortnight. The royal is well known and respected in Nigeria, labeled ‘Prince of Charity’, notably participating in a number of fun runs, fundraisers and auctions for charity, notoriously selling his father’s priceless throne-trimmings in an auction fundraiser in 2011.

Oniru now has his sights set on international charitable work, participating with several Australian charities, including Save Our Broadband and CANTEENTERNET in order to legitimize his desires to aid Australia’s worrying broadband plight.

He has not, however, been greeted with open arms, and now wishes to appeal to the Australian nation to gain support for his ambitious plans to help the flailing Australian Broadband Network. His main obstacle being that the usual method of international funds transferal, via an online portal, has failed due to the slow-nature of Australia’s broadband compared to Nigeria’s. He has thus had to contact Australian civilians individually and request that they each hold a small portion of his money, transferred in person at a bank in Nigeria to a number of accounts in Australia as Nigerian Banks have a clause not allowing them to process personal transactions without both parties present after the infamous 419 online scams of the early 2000’s.

In his letter to randomly selected bank account holders, Oniru acknowledges the need for broadband in Australia and personally appeals to the person in question, noting their own need for quick internet and his willingness to help.

He then asks them to pay a small amount for the wire transfer (usually under $AUD15) as he cannot do it from the Nigerian end. He then promises to transfer the money immediately afterwards, and allows the recipient to keep 20% for their troubles, as long as they transfer the rest to charity.

Sadly Prince Adeyemi Oniru hasn’t been able to help any of the charities he has promised funds to, as he has been repeatedly rejected by all Australian participants. In his interview with The Soin he sadly acknowledges that he would probably be best taking his vast fortune elsewhere.

The Soin

The Soin

THE SOIN has been trading in smut, smears and substandard reporting since 2013. Read everything we publish aloud in a British accent.