Honi is dedicated to providing comprehensive coverage of issues happening across the higher education sector.
View our higher education coverage by:
Our latest updates on higher education issues across Australia:
- CAPA Board Passes Motion Removing SUPRA Voting Rights The Council of Australian Postgraduate Associations (CAPA) Board passed a motion on November 29 which removes the voting rights of
- NTEU to delay new fixed-term contract limits that fail to cover higher-education workersThe National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) will delay the full implementation of new fixed-term contract limits until 30th June 2024,
- Government releases Draft Action Plan for Gender-Based Violence in UniversitiesCW: This article discusses institutional responses to sexual harassment and violence. The Australian Government Department of Education has released a
- Monash, UniMelb, and RMIT to strike again this weekUniversity of Melbourne (UniMelb) will go on strike from 2 to 8 October, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) on 5 and 6 October, and Monash University from 9 to 11 October.
- Students protest against Mark Scott’s corporatisation of the UniversityThis year the University of Sydney is the nominated host partnership where Mark Scott serves as the representative of the University of Sydney’s educational ethos.
- USyd SRC and SUPRA launch petition for opal concessions for all studentsThe University of Sydney Student Representative Council and Postgraduate Representative Association have launched a petition with the New South Wales Legislative Assembly seeking transport concessions to be made available to all students in NSW, including part-time and international students.
- ACU proposes job cuts and the closure of a research program and instituteThe Australian Catholic University has proposed cuts to humanities disciplines, including the disestablishment of the Medieval and Early Modern Studies (MEMS) program and the Dianoia Institute of Philosophy, and job cuts across history, philosophy, political science, religion and theology subjects.
To see all of our education coverage, read more here.
Our latest updates on higher education providers across Australia, sorted by State and University:
New South Wales
- Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Charles Sturt University (CSU)
- Macquarie University
- Southern Cross University
- University of New England
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- University of Newcastle
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology (UTS)
- Western Sydney University
- University of Wollongong
List of Universities sourced from Study Australia