Cartoon: Law Student

The most distinctive aspect of the Law Student’s appearance is the Country Road tote bag that can commonly be found slung over its shoulder. Cutting this bag open will reveal a small tower of textbooks full of nonsense words like “mens rea”, “pari delicto”, and “defamation”. In fact, it was only when Country Road expanded…

Illustration by Bryant Apolonio
Illustration by Bryant Apolonio

The most distinctive aspect of the Law Student’s appearance is the Country Road tote bag that can commonly be found slung over its shoulder. Cutting this bag open will reveal a small tower of textbooks full of nonsense words like “mens rea”, “pari delicto”, and “defamation”.

In fact, it was only when Country Road expanded its product range to include pants and shirts a few years ago that Law Students stopped wandering around campus completely nude. But no Law Student outfit would be complete without boat shoes, a style of footwear adopted as a mark of pride in their nautical heritage.

In between debating competitions and organising speaker events hosted by Michael Kirby, the Law Student can often be seen sunning itself on the Law Lawns with a sandwich from Taste Baguette. The rest of its time is divided between writing clerkship applications and flicking through heavy books full of gibberish in the Lawbry.

Check out the other students of campus