Poll: “polls”, polls

Today’s Soin poll on the latest preferred Prime Minister Newspoll poll shows that the public’s support for polls is dropping, in the wake of a spate of insipid, unconstructive and entirely irrelevant polls. Results of today’s poll show that voter satisfaction with constantly being polled and then incessantly informed of the results of polls is…

Today’s Soin poll on the latest preferred Prime Minister Newspoll poll shows that the public’s support for polls is dropping, in the wake of a spate of insipid, unconstructive and entirely irrelevant polls.

Results of today’s poll show that voter satisfaction with constantly being polled and then incessantly informed of the results of polls is at an all-time low.

Up to 47% of respondents said that they felt negatively about polling, with a further 51% stating that they disagreed with polling on polling.

Confidence in the results of polls is also at an all-time low, with over 60% of respondents declaring that they wouldn’t trust a poll if they were polled on it, and only 23% of respondents claiming that they felt confident that they understood what they were being polled on in that previous poll. A further 48% said they felt the drop in the primary vote for polls could be attributed to bad polling.

Support for polls on a two-poll preferred basis, however, has risen slightly, up nine points on yesterday’s poll.

Despite these poor results, polling is expected to continue on an incessant basis for the next seven months.