J. Lo Readies Jenny From Baroque

John Rowley, Ricky Gervais, Louis C.K, Jerry Seinfeld – it sounds right, doesn’t it?

JLO with Bach wig

Following the mediocre performance of recent singles ‘I Luh Ya Papi (Feat. French Montana)’, ‘Same Girl’, ‘Adrenalina’, ‘We Are One (Ole Ola)’ and pretty much everything else since
‘On The Floor (Feat. Pitbull)’, Jennifer Lopez is planning a big career shift.

The singer recently premiered a new track called ‘First Love’, but sources tell Honey Soy that this is a decoy release. Behind the scenes, Lopez is readying Jenny From Baroque, an album comprised of classical re-workings of her biggest hits.

A draft press release leaked to Honey Soy by a Capital Records staff member reveals that the first single from the set will be ‘Dance Again (Gigue Remix) [Feat. Pitbull]’. ‘Let’s Get Loud (Fortissimo Remix) [Feat. Future]’ will also appear on the album.

In the press release Lopez explained that she “first fell in love with classical music when I was pregnant with [my twins] Max and Emme. I would play them Mozart’s Requiem Mass in D minor all the time to get them in the mood for the birth.” By blending orchestral arrangements with rap contributions from the likes of Flo Rida and A$AP Ferg, the singer reportedly hopes to be perceived as an industry innovator.

“I think this could be the release that really puts me on the same plane as the greats – Vivaldi, Bach, Lopez,” she said in the press release. “It sounds right, doesn’t it?”