Limited advertising space is available in each edition of Honi Soit and all bookings are on first come first served basis.
Download our Honi Soit Advertising Kit and email the completed form or your booking details to: email@example.com
Phone: Amanda LeMay or Mickie Quick on (02) 9660 5222
STUDENT ADVERTISING (for internal SRC Office Bearers):
Please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: We will confirm your booking and email a confirmation to you.
Bookings must be received by 10am Thursday prior to the following Wednesday issue date (see booking form for schedule). Advertising space is first come, first served basis as space is limited in each edition.
Prices at a glance:
- Full page ad: $816 +GST (depending on options)
- Half page ad: $440 +GST (depending on options)
- Quarter page ad: $280 +GST (depending on options)
- Sixteenth page ad (57mm x 86mm): $93 +GST (depending on options)
- There are discounts available for local business, not-for-profits, ads offering discounts to students, and bookings of 3 or more ads
- Please check the Media Kit for full details and pricing
- Bookings must be received by 10am Thursday before the issue date (see booking form). Advertising booking is by first come, first served basis as space is limited in each edition
About Honi Soit
Honi Soit has been published by the Students’ Representative Council, University of Sydney since 1929 and has a proud reputation of being the most vibrant and prestigious student publication in Australia. It has an illustrious alumni of student editors who have gone on to become well known faces in the media and in pubic life.
Honi Soit is a tabloid sized weekly, produced during semesters (27 editions per year), the only weekly student newspaper in Australia. It has a print run of 3,000 distributed free at over 62 locations on Sydney University campuses including main campus, Faculty of Nursing, Camperdown; Sydney College of the Arts, Rozelle; Conservatorium of Music, and Cumberland College of Health Sciences. This includes newspaper stands in foyers, cafes, faculty desks and libraries.
Published weekly during semester (27 editions per year)
Tabloid size newspaper, full colour throughout, distributed free
- Published weekly during semester (27 editions per year)
- The leading and oldest student publication in Australia
- Print run: 3000 copies
- 24+ pages of tabloid size newspaper
- Full colour throughout
- Distributed free across over 60 locations across the University of Sydney campus
- Honi Soit is an essential component of campus culture
Target the student market
There are over 45,000 students and nearly 10,000 staff at Sydney University. Honi Soit offers an exciting opportunity for you to capture the undergraduate and postgraduate student markets. University students represent a lucrative potential market: they are high discretionary spenders, and are an important force in the youth market.
Honi Soit is also online! (Average UV’s per edition: 11,000 and up to 33,000).
Print display ads will feature in an online e-book of the print edition, published on our website in addition to the printed copies.
ALSO: leaderboard web banner ads (728x90px or 970x90px) are available. Your ad will feature at the top of every page of the site and be displayed exclusively for 1 full week, including click through to your site.
Facebook: fb/honisoitsydney (over 13,600 followers)
Twitter: @honi_soit (over 5,400 followers)
We post feature articles and breaking news approximately 3 times each week and link through to the website.
Print advertisements: 300dpi, CMYK colour. File formats accepted: PDF or TIFF. Artwork to be supplied via email by 2pm on ad deadline date.
Web banner advertisements: 72dpi, RGB colour. File formats accepted: JPEG, PNG or GIF. Artwork to be supplied via email by 2pm on ad deadline date.
Files will be placed in Honi Soit as supplied. Any errors in preparation or content are the advertisers responsibility. Additional artwork preparation fees will apply if adjustments are required.
By supplying us with a hard copy proof of your ad you make it possible for us to prevent any errors before print. Without it, we can’t accept any responsibility.