Misc //

Sutherland, Saturday Night

Four groups of cops stand looking bored on the platform. As my carriage comes past, each one points in sequence to the kids downstairs who appear to be Revelling and/or Frolicking. They’re pulled off the train for drinking and as we sit stuck on the train gum chewing POLICE roll up, stragglers chatting to the…

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 7.54.46 pm

Four groups of cops stand looking bored on the platform. As my carriage comes past, each one points in sequence to the kids downstairs who appear to be Revelling and/or Frolicking. They’re pulled off the train for drinking and as we sit stuck on the train gum chewing POLICE roll up, stragglers chatting to the extremities of the group while their comrades write up the other half and we’re all watching from the windows.

She’s sitting there with flats on and a clear panel in her skirt, heels resting tidily on the seat beside her. Ding-a-ling comes the friends, trying to work out where she is—she’s late from work, tired but has to Be Seen. Stands holding a clutch in front of her, head and shoulders above the girls around her.

Transit officers write up a homeless bloke for evading a $1.90 ticket. The sign on the wall behind says Fairer For All.